Why oh why

Graham Easterling

Dec 8, 2021, 7:25:52 AM12/8/21
to Weather and Climate
Has SW England got a wind warning for today? It's just a bit blustery.

Even out at Lands End it's only a F5-6. Here in Penzance F4-5, even down the prom

2021-12-08 12_19_16-Capture.png

Windier up in Wales. but even there nothing of note that I can see.

Very big sea on the north coast yesterday removed feet of sand from the whole length of Sennen beach in just 2 high tides. Significant wave  height still 10-15ft today

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Dec 8, 2021, 8:17:16 AM12/8/21
to Weather and Climate
Well, maybe N Wales, especially the Lleyn peninsula & Anglesey, but that's a long, long way from here.

Graham
Penzance

jack.h...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2021, 10:22:02 AM12/8/21
to Weather and Climate
From the other end of the UK, Hopeman, Moray Firth

21-12-08-028-Hopeman.jpg

And nearby Burghead.

21-12-08-495-Burghead.jpg

Light winds, 5C.

Jack

Graham Easterling

Dec 9, 2021, 4:25:37 AM12/9/21
to Weather and Climate
Shorts wearing weather it would appear.

Nice wave in the bottom picture. Bit of wave refraction onto a sandbar  / slight headland?  What a surfer would call a lefthander. Start at the peak and head left as the wave peaks in that direction.

Graham
Penzance - wet.

jack.h...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2021, 7:37:48 AM12/9/21
to Weather and Climate
Shorts are amazingly popular here even in cold windy conditions.  I guess that might be because kilts these days seem to be reserved for formal occasions.

A few years ago I was able to find out what /if a Scotsman wears under his kilt - and I was shocked.  I was on deck on a ferry and a group of men were on their way to a wedding.  The wind blew up one man's kilt and revealed the truth: not a true mix and match.  He was wearing pants with a tartan that was not the same clan as his kilt.

Jack

Len W

Dec 9, 2021, 2:44:09 PM12/9/21
to Weather and Climate
That's truly shocking and a probably a big disappointment for the ladies.
😄 😄

Len