Penzance - 1st proper thunderstorm since August 2020!

Graham Easterling

Oct 30, 2021, 4:11:42 AM10/30/21
to Weather and Climate
Thunder yesterday evening 21:30-20:30. 15-20 rumbles that I heard, 1 very close.

The only other thunder in 2021 being one (possibly two) distant rumbles back in March. The last proper storm was in August 2020, and that was brief. A record breaking unthundery spell.

I've lost count of the number of times thunder's been forecast this year, certainly well into double figures. Then, when we finally get a reasonable storm, lasting on & off for the best part of an hour, the flashes failed to appear when I turn lightning on on the netweather rainfall radar page. (Well apart from 1, and that was some miles away) I don't know, modern technology eh, back to looking out the window.

Also, I did a quick search of thunder Cornwall on Cornwall Live, a big list of frightening articles covering thunder warnings, but actual events?

Another 12.8mm in the last 24 hours bringing the total to 51.1mm in the last 48 hours. Fortunately virtually all at night, yesterday was quite sunny.

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Oct 30, 2021, 4:12:41 AM10/30/21
to Weather and Climate
21:30-22:30! I don't have a Tardis

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Oct 30, 2021, 9:09:46 AM10/30/21
to Weather and Climate
After all the rain, sunshine, Cb, sea boats & live music. St Ives harbour 11:00ish

IMG_9446.JPG

Just need Tudor & his instrument.

Graham
Penzance