Storm Caroline

xmetman

Dec 5, 2017, 8:11:15 AM12/5/17
to Weather and Climate

Jack Harrison

Dec 5, 2017, 9:41:21 AM12/5/17
to Weather and Climate
I am already a casualty of the storm.  Thursday will be my 79th birthday and we had planned lunch at a seaside restaurant at Findhorn on the Moray Coast.  I am not happy about the prospect of walking in that gale (my ample bulk presents quite a target for any gusts).  So my 79th birthday will now be on Friday (well, my birthday isn't actually on Friday, but............oh shut up!).

Jack

xmetman

Dec 5, 2017, 10:53:06 AM12/5/17
to Weather and Climate
You could always try the Ramnee in Forres, I'm not sure as it's good now though...

Jack Harrison

Dec 5, 2017, 11:17:26 AM12/5/17
to Weather and Climate
No idea about Ramnee in Forres - bit of an unknown.  Simpler to delay the start of my 80th year by one day.

Jack

Trevor Harley

Dec 5, 2017, 2:16:49 PM12/5/17
to Weather and Climate
This is some new kind of visualisation, and I don't fully understand it, because both line colour and density appear to vary.

Jack Harrison

Dec 6, 2017, 2:43:12 PM12/6/17
to Weather and Climate
TAF Lossiemouth issued 6th @ 1850:  TEMPO 0709/0712 28050G70KT
For those NOT au fait with aviation forecasts, that means it is expected to be very windy and with extremely fierce gusts.
I'm going to stay at home.

Jack

Jack Harrison

Dec 7, 2017, 3:07:32 AM12/7/17
to Weather and Climate

My weather station inland from Nairn.  Jack

Freddie

Dec 7, 2017, 3:34:58 AM12/7/17
to Weather and Climate

Cold front just gone through here:

--
Freddie
Fishpool Farm

Brian Wakem

Dec 7, 2017, 7:50:28 AM12/7/17
to Weather and Climate
Temp just dropped 4C in 21 minutes here including a drop of 0.5C in 1 minute.