Penzance - 2nd latest air frost in 30 years.

Graham Easterling

Apr 16, 2021, 4:31:38 AM4/16/21
to Weather and Climate
Yesterday saw a drop in temperature. A maximum of 11.8C, under patchy cloud spreading out from inland This compares with 13.9C max on 14th, and follows 2 days of virtually unbroken sunshine.

Combined with an increase in wind from a generally F2 to F4, yesterday felt a fair bit cooler.

Then -0.2C last night, the 1st air frost since 9th March.

Notably late for Penzance. It is the 2nd latest air frost in my 30 year record, after 21/4/95. Only the 8th air frost I've ever recorded in April.

Graham
Penzance