New max temperature record for Wembury

Len W

Jul 18, 2022, 5:40:42 PM7/18/22
to Weather and Climate
Temperature reached 33.5C today in my Stevenson screen.
Easily beating the previous Wembury record of 31.5C on 18 July 2006.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon
83 m asl

Nick Gardner

Jul 19, 2022, 5:15:45 AM7/19/22
to Weather and Climate
Recorded a maximum of 31.3°C yesterday here Len, so not a record though nearly (31.4°C, July 2021).

But a record that I did break, totally smashing the previous minimum high of 19.2°C set in 2015. Last night's minimum only went down to 24.4°C, even at midnight it was 28.0°C. Quite hard to believe for this rural, river valley location that is more prone to cool nights than anything else.

Starting to feel humid as a line of storms appraoches from the west. Will we get any rain, it's desperately needed. A few trees are now showing drought stress and dropping their leaves.

--
Nick Gardner
Otter Valley, Devon

Len W

Jul 20, 2022, 5:18:33 AM7/20/22
to Weather and Climate
24.4°C is a truly amazing minimum Nick for your location.
The Spanish type plume of hot air must have prevented any local effects.

My minimum was also a record but only just. It went down to 19.7°C beating the previous value of 19.2°C on 19th July 2006.

Record began 1986.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon coast

Len W

Jul 20, 2022, 5:24:04 AM7/20/22
to Weather and Climate
I meant to mention that my record high min. of 19.7°C was only for July.
My all time record high min. stands at 21.3°C on 5th Aug. 2003.

Len
Wembury