20C day streak finally gone

Jamie M

Sep 13, 2022, 12:50:46 PM9/13/22
to Weather and Climate
A long-lasting 20C day streak for maximum temperature has finally gone today, a maximum of 19.5C broke the 74-day streak from the 1st of July. I'd have to dig through local records but don't think I've ever seen a 20C consistency like it for maximums, usually have the odd day with a 19C maximum but nothing like that from July.

The mean maximum from 1st July to today is 24.6C, very warm. Shows the consistency in the very warm temperatures in the summer certainly! 103 20C+ days so far this year

Jamie
Herne Bay, Kent

Tudor Hughes

Sep 14, 2022, 10:18:39 PM9/14/22
to Weather and Climate
I could only manage 69 days, 2 days in September (8 & 9) failing to reach 20°C before "normal service" was resumed.  A remarkable spell.  Mean max for both July and August 26.3°C, 4.2° above average (39 years).

Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, NE Surrey, 557 ft, 170 m.

Nick Gardner

Sep 16, 2022, 2:32:39 PM9/16/22
to Weather and Climate
Managed 70 days here from the 5th July to the 12th September. The 13th of September's maximum was 19.4°C but the 14th, 15th & 16th of September have all exceeded 20°C despite the forecast.

My mean maximum from the 1st July to the 16th September stands at 24.3°C.

110 days so far this year have reached or exceeded 20°C.

--
Nick Gardner
Otter Valley, Devon

Len W

Sep 17, 2022, 4:58:54 AM9/17/22
to Weather and Climate
No long streak here. Only 44 days.
It would have been 60 days, 5 July to 2 Sep. , but it was 19.6°C on 18 Aug.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon
83 m ASL

Freddie

Sep 19, 2022, 5:09:59 AM9/19/22
to Weather and Climate
Same here - 18 days was the longest, between 3rd and 21st July.