Anticyclonic Christmas Day

Len W

Dec 9, 2019, 10:26:03 AM12/9/19
to Weather and Climate
Past 3 o'clock, GFS is going for a cold and frosty morning at least in the south.

Len
Wembury

Julian Mayes

Dec 9, 2019, 10:44:20 AM12/9/19
to Weather and Climate
Unfortunately (if you want a good turnout) the MO Global @ 06h run today and ECMWF 00h run show the next low charging in rather faster, spreading rain to most areas soon after daybreak. Of course the timing may change but on current runs it looks like the worst of the washout will be over SW England   :)      Turning cold later over Scot and NI as winds veer in the wake of the depression - maybe hillsnow by evening there.

This is not the place to discuss weather that may put off older voters more than younger ones - though maybe they are more committed.

As  I write I see that after the sun has set here a bright and very clear moon has risen in the eastern sky against a pale blue colour sky.  A deceptively restful scene in this unsettled week.

Julian

Surrey

Len W

Dec 9, 2019, 11:09:38 AM12/9/19
to Weather and Climate
Julian, did you not notice I was referring to the Christmas day forecast?
A chance for us to ignore the horrors of election week.

Len
Wembury

Julian Mayes

Dec 9, 2019, 1:27:41 PM12/9/19
to Weather and Climate
Ah...!      Sorry - at least my silly error was obvious.  Obvious too that I am obsessed by Election Day!    I thought it was a large inter-model discrepancy.

I'll be quiet for a time.

Julian

Paul from Dawlish

Dec 10, 2019, 4:10:16 AM12/10/19
to Weather and Climate
Always interesting to look! The most likely outcome is that the day won't be as of the gfs charts now!

A much more 'interesting' scenario on offer today...wait for it...with potential snow for some areas with a channel low! *>))

Len

Dec 10, 2019, 5:38:27 AM12/10/19
to Weather and Climate
Oh Paul, you are a tease!