Essex downpour

Dave C

Jul 13, 2016, 2:04:36 PM7/13/16
to Weather and Climate
Thunder and 10 minute downpour giving 6.5 mm rain. probably the heaviest burst of this unsettled spell. Can we still use the term "cloudburst" which used to be the one used in my yoof to describe this sort of activity?
Dave, Laindon, S.Essex.

Richard Dixon

Jul 13, 2016, 4:49:33 PM7/13/16
to Weather and Climate
On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 19:04:36 UTC+1, Dave C wrote:
Thunder and 10 minute downpour giving 6.5 mm rain. probably the heaviest burst of this unsettled spell. Can we still use the term "cloudburst" which used to be the one used in my yoof to describe this sort of activity?

Yes - when does a shower become a cloudburst?!

Richard

Brian Wakem

Jul 14, 2016, 5:18:38 AM7/14/16
to Weather and Climate