Penzance Mild . . & Sunny! Good to get both!

Graham Easterling

Jan 29, 2021, 4:32:15 AM1/29/21
to Weather and Climate
It is still quite windy though, currently gusting 35-40mph, though steadily decreasing 53mph gust @ Lands End 03:45, and up to 56mph on the Island, St Ives.

Along the prom where it's sheltered (09:20) you can just see the 1st swimmer of the day.

2021-01-29 09_21_29-Capture.png

A pleasant change from the rain & mizzle of the last couple of days.

The council spent a small fortune installing that art installation (pebbles to you & me) on the prom. Strange, because whenever the sea chucks some over, they remove them.  Still they do an excellent job of trapping the weed and seem to have become a challenge to skateboarders. To be fair, the prom has been done up rather nicely.

Graham
Penzance

Len

Jan 29, 2021, 5:42:01 AM1/29/21
to Weather and Climate
There seems to be no grading of the pebbles by size.
Modern artists! Can you trust them?

Len

Julian Mayes

Jan 29, 2021, 7:01:04 AM1/29/21
to Weather and Climate
Your subject line resonates with me a bit as it was only this morning (as the rain poured down outside) that I thought back to winters that were both mild and dry - a few in the 80s and 90s anyway. At the time we thought they were boring. Maybe not so now!

Currently there's  a bit of standing water in the front garden - I've never seen that before here.  I shall go and inspect the level of the Thames later.

 Julian