wetter3.de

Tudor Hughes

Aug 1, 2023, 3:49:37 PM8/1/23
to Weather and Climate
Does anyone here use the site wetter3.de?  I have found it useful in the past as it shows 1000-500 mb thicknesses (not just 500 mb heights) as well as a host of other parameters.

But it is now so slow, clogged up with ads, as to be almost unusable.  They've lost a customer, if that's the word.  I have better ways of wasting time (don't ask).

A pox on it.

Tudor Hughes

Len

Aug 3, 2023, 5:26:37 AM8/3/23
to Weather and Climate
Weather online will give you thickness.

From their homepage you can select 'expert charts'
then scroll down for the thickness parameter you want.

Len

Tudor Hughes

Aug 3, 2023, 1:44:37 PM8/3/23
to Weather and Climate
Thanks, Len - that's very useful.  The interval is 6 dam, the same as I got used to in the Met Office a certain number of years ago.  Can't think why I didn't try Weatheronline myself.  Must be getting old.  Well, I am 80 now.  Hooray!

Tudor Hughes

Graham Easterling

Aug 3, 2023, 2:56:54 PM8/3/23
to Weather and Climate
Happy Birthdaydownload.jpg

Graham
Penzance

jack.h...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2023, 12:23:45 AM8/4/23
to Weather and Climate
Tudor Hughes. "Must be getting old.  Well, I am 80 now.  Hooray!"

That's young.  But my wife is even younger - 79 on Saturday.  Meanwhile, I creak towards my 85th.

Jack

Tudor Hughes

Aug 4, 2023, 4:53:19 PM8/4/23
to Weather and Climate
Thanks, Graham, but my 80th was last November so I've just about got used to the idea of being totally unimpeachable, the fount of all wisdom and knowledge and the subject of never-ending medical tests.  Nothing naughty so far.