Glaze Ice

xmetman

Mar 2, 2018, 3:53:25 AM3/2/18
to Weather and Climate

It may look like rain drops but in fact it was a good layer of glaze ice temperature -1.2°C.

Dave C

Mar 2, 2018, 6:53:36 PM3/2/18
to Weather and Climate
Yes we got that. Coated all surfaces. Interesting stuff. Could you remind me of the mechanism of it again please.

Paul Garvey

Mar 3, 2018, 5:44:44 AM3/3/18
to Weather and Climate
Got exactly that here, as well. Freezing rain early on the 2nd. coated everything exposed and created a crust on the snow - which has almost all gone in the heavy rain overnight. 5" of snow in a night.

On a poorer note; the SW is cut off again by rail, because of storm problems washing some track away at Dawlish (again, but not as bad as 4 years ago, thankfully).

In addition; if the deep snow on the moors melts anything like as quickly as it has here, there could be river flooding problems in the SW this week.