Len W

Dec 23, 2020, 5:57:44 PM12/23/20
to Weather and Climate

Temperature has plummeted to 6.5°C in the northerly.This after the wettest day
since 27th Aug.
22.3 mm today bringing the total for December to 179.8 mm.

ECMWF going for a cold first half of Jan.
ECMWF.png

Winter drawers on

Len

Graham Easterling

Dec 24, 2020, 4:33:44 AM12/24/20
to Weather and Climate
To show how weather can vary, even between west Cornwall & SW Devon

Just 9.6mm in Penzance, the 7th wettest day of December!
2nd - 14.2mm
4th - 17.1mm
9th - 26.2mm
18th 19.0mm
20th - 14.8mm
21st -13.5mm

Changing my recording time to midnight, or 6pm yesterday, would have made little difference. So rainfallwise nothing of note whatsoever, especially compared with many recent days. The heavy rain seemed to stream just offshore to the south, before sweeping in across Devon & swirling around rather in the circulation of the low. (I hope I'm not being too technical).

The wind overnight was more notable, funnelling around Lands End. Gusts to 42mph in Penzance, 58 knots at St Ives, several gusts >60mph at Land's End between 21:00 & midnight.

Graham
Penzance