Is Ophelia regaining an eye like feature?

xmetman

Oct 16, 2017, 7:06:25 AM10/16/17
to Weather and Climate

It almost looks to me that ex-hurricane Ophelia has managed somehow to develop an eye like feature in the 1045 UTC visible satellite image. I did at first think that it maybe a shadow, but it does have the distinct appearance of an eye to it. A better quality satellite image would settle it but of course we can't access hi-res rapid scan imagery can we. Please don't bother commenting t o explain that hurricanes can't survive in the cold waters around the UK without reading this article about Hurricane Debbie in 1961 first!

Freddie

Oct 16, 2017, 7:37:40 AM10/16/17
to Weather and Climate
1100 image:

201710161100.png

xmetman

Oct 16, 2017, 7:52:30 AM10/16/17
to Weather and Climate
Famous for 15 minutes...

Freddie

Oct 16, 2017, 9:23:05 AM10/16/17
to Weather and Climate
At 1100z, Valentia's PMSL was 962.3, falling 21.2 hPa in the previous three hours.  The bar had kicked by 1200z, and at 1300z it was 984.4 and rising 12.5 hPa in the prevoius three hours.

--
Freddie
Fishpool Farm

xmetman

Oct 16, 2017, 9:29:01 AM10/16/17
to Weather and Climate

Dave C

Oct 16, 2017, 10:57:58 AM10/16/17
to Weather and Climate
I was watching it and I didn't think it ever really lost it.