GFS maintains wintry theme

xmetman

Nov 23, 2017, 4:28:59 AM11/23/17
to Weather and Climate

Richard Dixon

Nov 23, 2017, 12:32:25 PM11/23/17
to Weather and Climate
Let's see if this GFS animated gif from wxcharts.eu works - you can make animated gifs on any of their charts by clicking .gif in the bottom left corner. It's fast becoming an excellent website.

This shows 850mb temps from T+0 to T+240. Europe could be properly

Richard

xmetman

Nov 23, 2017, 1:05:04 PM11/23/17
to Weather and Climate
The animated GIF is a little on the fast side, can you stipulate the speed and maybe slow it down?

Richard Dixon

Nov 23, 2017, 3:07:21 PM11/23/17
to Weather and Climate
Yes - one of the options is "speed" from 1-10 - I can't remember what I put for this...

xmetman

Nov 23, 2017, 5:33:37 PM11/23/17
to weathera...@googlegroups.com
1 just slows it just a little bit and not quite enough - 10 is super fast

I am nearly tempted to become a patron...

Richard Dixon

Nov 24, 2017, 1:51:52 PM11/24/17
to Weather and Climate
On Thursday, 23 November 2017 22:33:37 UTC, xmetman wrote:
1 just slows it just a little bit and not quite enough - 10 is super fast

I am nearly tempted to become a patron...

I've been giving them feedback for a while now...they're going from strength to strength. Would quite like to see my favourite 850mb theta-w on there though.

Richard