"Temperatures are a little disappointing..."

xmetman

Jun 5, 2019, 10:03:54 AM6/5/19
to Weather and Climate
So says Stav Danaos in the BBC lunchtime weather. I should say so! Good job we've just had a fresh delivery of logs because we have a fire going again in our part of Scotland, where the temperature has just managed to get into double figures (as any of the slick new age weather presenter would say these days) on this cold and dreich June 5th. I wonder how Simon McCoy would survive presenting the news from up here? He looked perished in his suit as he presented the 1pm news live from Portsmouth where it must be all of a balmy 15°C.

2019-06-05_145149.jpg

2019-06-05_145309.jpg

xmetman

Jun 5, 2019, 4:18:49 PM6/5/19
to Weather and Climate

2019-06-05_211049.jpg

Negative maximum temperature anomalies almost everywhere except in the far east of England and south Devon. Maximum Anomalies as low as -4°C to -6°C in many areas. Another classic from Stav as he says "Temperatures a little bit on the low side for this time of year".