The Nights are drawing in...

jack.h...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 3:38:01 AM9/16/21
to Weather and Climate
...and the temperatures are above where they should be.  No doubt the winds are less strong than normal and of course the rain totals are well below where they should be. (except in some places where they are higher than normal).

Today the sun has already risen , the sky is blue and there is little or no wind.  Currently 9 C.

I really look forward to a day that is as it should be.  All considering!

Jack

Graham Easterling

Sep 16, 2021, 4:31:43 AM9/16/21
to Weather and Climate
The lack of wind so far this September has been quite remarkable. I must check back in the records.

The extended period with very low gale frequencies, which started around the turn of the century shows no sign of ending. Perhaps, with a decrease in the N - S temperature contrast, depressions get stuck in mid Atlantic more.

Keep the photos coming

Graham
Penzance