Weather and the spread of Covid-19

Len W

Mar 24, 2020, 6:53:10 AM3/24/20
to Weather and Climate
I apologise in raising this dismal topic but the fine sunny weather across at least the south of the UK at the weekend got many people on the move to scenic places.

So the virus has spread.
If it had been dull and rainy this would not have happened.

Holiday makers and second home owners have been told to go home as our resources in the SW are being stretched even without them.

The blocking high and fine weather seem to be around for at least to the end of the month.
I feel genuinely sorry for those without a garden.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon

Graham Easterling

Mar 24, 2020, 7:55:15 AM3/24/20
to Weather and Climate
True in certain hotspots, but Cornwall's basically deserted, nowhere to stay & we are away from the day trip market. I've never known it so quiet. Here people were walking on virtually deserted dunes & beaches, rather than being in a crowded supermarket, where they would have been had it rained.

Sennen on a sunny day, never like this, it's one of the busiest beaches in Cornwall, now a social isolation dream. Pick up veg at a layby on the way back, no need to go in a shop, which I've avoided for a week now, thanks largely to Milk&More & online chemists.The Cove shop's only open for a few hours a week for the locals. Just don't serve visitors & they go home. Very sad all round.

2020-03-24 11_40_50-Capture.png

The compost heap's also being dug out!

Graham
Penzance