Skies across the SW

xmetman

Oct 10, 2016, 4:46:01 AM10/10/16
to Weather and Climate

Some nice skies across the SW of England this morning.
Layers of high AC and some CC spreading down quite quickly in the NW jet from Ireland.
Always interesting to find a cloud edge that visible from the back garden mirrored in the image from space!

xmetman

Oct 10, 2016, 9:42:49 AM10/10/16
to Weather and Climate

I saw the AC but not the fall streaks - typical!

Martin Rowley [West Moors/East Dorset]

Oct 10, 2016, 10:29:10 AM10/10/16
to Weather and Climate
... superb weren't they? We had a single, but superb example over here (East Dorset/north of Hurn) as we were coming out of Sainsbury's ~1030Z (11.30BST): I was pointing it out to my wife as we were getting ready to leave the car park - waving my hands about like a loon! The rest of the punters wondered what was going on :-))

Martin.

Trevor Harley

Oct 10, 2016, 10:36:05 AM10/10/16
to Weather and Climate
"Jay" was talking about the fall streaks on the 1.55 BBC News 24 forecast. Good photographs.