The recent dry spell across southern England

xmetman

Aug 14, 2016, 9:49:56 AM8/14/16
to Weather and Climate

A couple of images from an article that I've just put together for my blog about the recent dry spell across the south. More information and tables in the article. I've spent far too much time coding and writing it, and I'm missing another lovely afternoon out there!

Brian Wakem

Aug 14, 2016, 11:29:20 AM8/14/16
to Weather and Climate
Odiham is about 8 miles from me. I've had 25/31 dry days and only 2 day has exceeded 1mm.

--
Brian Wakem
Lower Bourne, Farnham, Surrey

xmetman

Aug 14, 2016, 11:54:04 AM8/14/16
to Weather and Climate
Very similar values to Odiham then but then I hardly missed an Ob from them.

Nick Gardner

Aug 14, 2016, 1:33:40 PM8/14/16
to Weather and Climate
Since the 15th July there have been 27 rainless days.

Out of the last 31 days, only two have had a rainfall greater than 1.0 mm.

Brian Wakem

Aug 15, 2016, 8:07:45 AM8/15/16
to Weather and Climate

On Sunday, 14 August 2016 16:29:20 UTC+1, Brian Wakem wrote:
Odiham is about 8 miles from me. I've had 25/31 dry days and only 2 day has exceeded 1mm.

In addition to this, the Frensham Vale Stream, which runs through my garden has stopped flowing today.  This is the first time it has stopped flowing since we moved here in April 2012.

--
Brian Wakem
Lower Bourne, Farnham, Surrey
Live obs @ 13:06:42 : 22.2C, DP 13.0C, RH 56%, 0.0 mm

Paul Garvey

Aug 15, 2016, 9:42:32 AM8/15/16
to Weather and Climate
Another one today, for sure. No rain here since 2nd August.

Brian Wakem

Aug 16, 2016, 7:34:06 AM8/16/16
to Weather and Climate

On Monday, 15 August 2016 13:07:45 UTC+1, Brian Wakem wrote:

In addition to this, the Frensham Vale Stream, which runs through my garden has stopped flowing today.  This is the first time it has stopped flowing since we moved here in April 2012.

Somehow it has started flowing again today.  I guess spring fed streams are not very predictable.

--
Live obs @ 12:33:46 : 22.1C, DP 14.7C, RH 63%, 0.0 mm