Temperature contrast today

Julian Mayes

Jun 2, 2019, 7:37:07 AM6/2/19
to Weather and Climate
Along the same line of latitude at 11UTC........

Aberdaron   11.7C

Weybourne   27.9C  and Norwich Airport 28C.

That really is impressive!

Julian

Trevor Harley

Jun 2, 2019, 7:48:47 AM6/2/19
to Weather and Climate
I bet there's a little sun in the south too.

Trevor
- From a very wet, cloudy, dull, cool Dundee

xmetman

Jun 2, 2019, 7:55:53 AM6/2/19
to Weather and Climate

2019-06-02_125517.jpg

xmetman

Jun 2, 2019, 8:01:02 AM6/2/19
to Weather and Climate
The TV forecasters earlier this week had discounted Sunday and went for Saturday being the hottest day of the year, but the record 27.6°C at Heathrow yesterday hasn't survived for even a day before being broken.

Julian Mayes

Jun 2, 2019, 8:15:12 AM6/2/19
to Weather and Climate
I bet there's a little sun in the south too.

Trevor
- From a very wet, cloudy, dull, cool Dundee

Trevor, yes quite a lot sunshine, some rather diffuse through layers of cirrus and some medium level cloud but with the breeze, it feels very pleasant out there, though I could do with the house cooling down a bit more.
PS I enjoyed reading your book, btw.

Julian
Molesey
Surrey

Graham Easterling

Jun 2, 2019, 2:29:47 PM6/2/19
to Weather and Climate
A fair bit of sunshine in Cornwall behind the front, which only dropped 0.6mm in Penzance. Basically 2-3 hours of mizzle, no sharp bursts here. Not deep blue behind the front, still some very thin featureless high level cloud.

Bosullow, on the moors 4 miles NW of Penzance.

Graphtext1.png

Temperature did rise from the late morning figures on Bruce's chart, to just > 18C in Penzance.

May was the sunniest month in the far SW since June 2014, narrowly beating last summer.
Bosullow Sunniest months since 2012
July 2013 293.8 hours
June 2014 286.7 hours
MAY 2019 256.6 hours (and that was over the fair weather Cu affected moors, not the relatively cloud free coasts - shame sunshine is no longer recorded down in Penzance)
July 2018 256.3 hours
June 2018  252.3 hours

Graham
Penzance

Len

Jun 2, 2019, 4:27:05 PM6/2/19
to Weather and Climate
I've only got my solar panels to go on but May was the third sunniest
and Spring (MAM) was THE sunniest since they were installed in 2012.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon

Graham Easterling

Jun 2, 2019, 4:37:48 PM6/2/19
to Weather and Climate
Spring was the sunniest since my records from Bosullow started, also 2012. My Spring solar panel output was also the highest (since 2011).

Mind you, December / January were exceptionally dull (dullest Jan on record at Camborne) so we deserve it!

Graham
Penzance