Strange Deja Vu

Len W

Apr 25, 2017, 3:50:25 PM4/25/17
to Weather and Climate
This cold snap feels a bit unique for the time of year but it is n't.
Last year the end of April brought exactly the same chill.

We had hail on three days, and a min of 0.5C on 28th April 2016.

Today we have had the odd hail shower, wonderful cumulonimbus capillatus, and a min overnight of 1.1C.

Only 0.1 mm in my 5 inch copper gauge though so the drought continues.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon coast

John Hall

Apr 26, 2017, 4:16:51 AM4/26/17
to Weather and Climate
I have the subjective impression that the end of April might be a favoured period for a cold snap. One of the most notable was in April 1981, though where I live in lowland Surrey we didn't get any lying snow.

See Trevor Harley's excellent site: