Last 14 days fifth warmest since 1772 in Central England...

xmetman

Jun 4, 2018, 8:37:14 AM6/4/18
to Weather and Climate

The last 14 days in Central England are provisionally the fifth warmest since the daily series began in 1772.

This period in 2018 is marginally cooler than it was last year, but the mean temperature trails 1947 by over a degree.

I've got a sneaky feeling that this June might be very warm, and so I'm keeping a close watch on it, which more or less guarantees it'll end up a total washout.

quaesoveritas

Jun 4, 2018, 9:42:41 AM6/4/18
to Weather and Climate
It doesn't feel like that on the NE Coast!

xmetman

Jun 4, 2018, 10:44:33 AM6/4/18
to Weather and Climate

I can see what you mean - excuse the contouring of the anomalies.

I did post the other day that it wasn't looking too good if you'd booked a fortnight at Mablethorpe