Same forecast different model?

xmetman

Jun 8, 2018, 11:34:53 AM6/8/18
to Weather and Climate

I was going to mention the overly optimistic upbeat headlines in this afternoon's forecast from Tomasz Schafernaker for this weekend especially for those north of the border - aren't these headlines for the whole UK?

Then I noticed at how the showers and thunderstorms over Scotland suddenly intensified when swapping from a zoomed in shot to a zoomed out one for 1500.

It almost looks as if they've switched to another model - which I believe is what MeteoGroup now do.

As regards the 'chance' of a shower for Scotland I suppose he could still claim that a 50% probability of a shower is still a chance.

What I do like now is how they pan down a zoomed in chart from north to south, a bit like a descending elevator sequence, which is so much better and provides a lot more detail than the static view of the whole UK does.