Warlingham - more thunder

Tudor Hughes

Sep 8, 2022, 9:45:56 AM9/8/22
to Weather and Climate
4 days of thunder this month, in effect 5 because on the 5th there were two events separated by 21 hours.  Today there was thunder and briefly heavy rain at 1028Z, several of the strikes being very close and loud.  There was a further flash-bang at 1312Z but no rain.
 The grass is beginning to green up.

Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, NE Surrey, 557 ft, 170 m.

Graham Easterling

Sep 8, 2022, 10:13:23 AM9/8/22
to Weather and Climate
After 10 consecutive dry months, September is now officially wet.

Last deluge has pushed the month's total >90mm!

Graham
Penzance

Len

Sep 8, 2022, 3:44:30 PM9/8/22
to Weather and Climate
My Sep. total so far is 61 mm, 30yr average is 67 mm.
Chilier day today with frequent showers and max of 17.7°C.
Coldest since 19th June.

Len
Wembury

Graham Easterling

Sep 9, 2022, 4:15:51 AM9/9/22
to Weather and Climate
I had miscalculated - a bit. Rainfall to 09:00 today 88.7mm.  The 6 month season of convection being mainly inland is firmly over! SST at the Penzance buoy was still >18C until yesterday, but with the wind now backed offshore it's dropped to around 17.5C.

Despite frequent showers, 18.9C here yesterday, >19C out on Scilly. Last sub 18C max was 29th June (17.4C).

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Sep 9, 2022, 4:54:55 AM9/9/22