West Cornwall Sun & Surf.

Graham Easterling

May 29, 2021, 3:01:34 PM5/29/21
to Weather and Climate
Finally, we have a synoptic setup conducive to good surf.

A generally light and offshore wind on the surfing beaches, together with a long period swell up to 8ft at times at Sennen on the sand bars as the tide came in, and sunshine.

2021-05-29 16_35_34-Capture.png

Max of 18.7C here in Penzance, where the wind tended onshore. Hit 20C at Lands End.

Still going to end up a very cool May.

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

May 30, 2021, 5:24:05 AM5/30/21
to Weather and Climate
Up to 18.2C @ 10:00, warmest day of the year coming up.

That's not saying much as it's only got 18.9C to beat!

Bit of an alongshore breeze, F3-4 on the prom, but a warm one, the air originating from the land behind Marazion, rather than directly off the sea.

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

May 30, 2021, 12:31:54 PM5/30/21
to Weather and Climate
Up to 18.2C @ 10:00, warmest day of the year coming up.

I was wrong, the wind veered onshore at held the temperature to around 18C, maximum 18.5C. I also think we were under a particularly warm pool of air around mid morning.

Lovely for a dip at the Jubilee Pool where I took this pic, the blue sky has not been enhanced in any way. End of a session, next one in half an hour. One of those wetsuits hanging over the railings is mine.

swim(2).jpg

Graham
Penzance