Today's BBC lunchtime forecast

xmetman

Jun 25, 2019, 9:30:25 AM6/25/19
to Weather and Climate
2019-06-25_135151.jpg

Wednesday

"Temperatures around 22°C  in the north..."

I don't see Edinburgh as "the north", it might be north of the southeast (if that makes any sense), as are most places are.

"The north" to me now that I'm back in Scotland would be Caithness and the northern Isles.

I know I'm being super-critical of him here, but if it winds me up then it would be even more irritating to anyone living in Shetland, which is the north, and where temperatures on Wednesday will certainly not be 22°C.

2019-06-25_134339.jpg

Thursday

"Still a north or north easterly wind across the north..."

But surely that's a north or northwesterly wind across the north?

2019-06-25_140947.jpg

Friday

"Best of the temperatures further west, south Wales, southwest England 24 or 25°C, but it will be cooler across the north..."

But what about the 25°C for Glasgow/Edinburgh, the highest temperature that you've put on your map? (i.e. "the north")

Graham Easterling

Jun 25, 2019, 9:56:27 AM6/25/19
to Weather and Climate
By 1600 on Thursday wind speed forecasts for Penzance 28 mph gusting 50 mph, but not a mention on the Sw England meto forecast for Thursday

We’ve had warnings for less in winter. Lets hope nobody uses an inflatable on an off shore beach.

Glorious again today, rapidly approaching 200 hours of sunshine at nearby Bossullow. Here in Pz the sea breeze effect has killed the offshore northerly, it feels quite hot for just >20C. North coast a bit plagued by low cloud. 2 beautiful days for a swim.

Graham
Penzance

Brian Wakem

Jun 25, 2019, 11:18:02 AM6/25/19
to Weather and Climate
Literally dead still air here.  No wind recorded all day.  Very unusual in summer.

--
Brian Wakem
Lower Bourne, Farnham, Surrey

robk fw190

Jun 25, 2019, 4:18:12 PM6/25/19
to Weather and Climate
It's a bit like the storms forecast for Sussex last night, Locl BBC TV said the storms would move N to NW when in fact a quick look at the sferics clearly showed the stuff coming off France was heading NE, Hence we missed it all besides a decent spell of rain for the garden.