Something brewing in Biscay?

xmetman

Aug 25, 2019, 6:33:39 AM8/25/19
to Weather and Climate

2019-08-25_112502.jpg

A wonderful visible satellite image this morning and not just because today for once we have blue skies.

I notice a little vortex in the low cloud in the SW approaches.

I think it's all to do with the angle of the sun nearer the equinox throwing the images into their best relief.

Some big CB's brewing up in Biscay at the moment - but the GFS computer says no to their chances of moving much further north.

2019-08-25_112442.jpg

xmetman

Aug 25, 2019, 11:02:33 AM8/25/19
to Weather and Climate
That little low level vortex off SW England is still spinning away.
The area of CB's has fragmented as it moved further north.

2019-08-25_155951.jpg

Julian Mayes

Aug 25, 2019, 12:54:05 PM8/25/19
to Weather and Climate
I thought your subject line was a reference to the meeting of our esteemed world leaders at the G7 meeting in Biarritz.  They seem to be under more cloud today, as your image nicely shows. Maybe that's due to the British threat (Boris's threat) to give the USA British pork pies in exchange (presumably) for American chicken.   Scurrying to get back on topic, what an interesting climate that must be at the intersection of ocean and mountains.

Julian

xmetman

Aug 25, 2019, 1:09:15 PM8/25/19
to Weather and Climate
To be frank until today I never realised where Biarritz was and only yesterday promised myself to find out.
I now see what you mean about the title - perhaps it's a prescient warning of troubles ahead!
As for the climate of Biarritz it's much too warm, 21°C is warm enough for me.

Paul from Dawlish

Aug 26, 2019, 12:06:24 PM8/26/19
to Weather and Climate
Rain, perhaps thundery, now forecast overnight.

Graham Easterling

Aug 26, 2019, 1:15:21 PM8/26/19
to Weather and Climate
Been occasional bursts of showery rain here all afternoon, streaming up from the south, and bursts of warm sunshine.

Never amounting to much, but a very interesting sky at times. Some big variations in light levels for the solar panels.

Graham
Penzance