North coast sea breeze induced downpours

Graham Easterling

Jul 3, 2021, 12:10:20 PM7/3/21
to Weather and Climate
. .well a few miles inland on this occasion

Wind

2021-07-03 17_03_56-Capture.png

2021-07-03 17_04_38-Capture.png

Something the people of Boscastle are familiar with.

Warm with sunny spells in Penzance, just scraped 20C.

Graham
Penzance

Freddie

Jul 4, 2021, 5:46:12 AM7/4/21
to Weather and Climate
Good call by the Met Office with their warning - and the broadcasts I've seen specifically mentioned this would happen.

--
Freddie
Alcaston

Graham Easterling

Jul 4, 2021, 7:23:38 AM7/4/21
to Weather and Climate
Yes I agree, it was. The warning was issued well in advance.

Just missed the worst of a deluge earlier this morning. Dry since 09:00 with brief sunny intervals.

Graham
Penzance

jack.h...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2021, 10:52:32 AM7/4/21
to Weather and Climate
I admired the forecasters' confidence - fully justified as it turned out.

Jack