Valley fog

Freddie

Nov 8, 2017, 7:18:22 AM11/8/17
to Weather and Climate
DSC_0112.JPG

Julian Mayes

Nov 8, 2017, 2:28:43 PM11/8/17
to Weather and Climate
That part of the Wye valley must be one of the best areas for local valley fog. What a sparkling morning today away from SE. Similar scenes seen in lower Eden valley north of Penrith but as I was driving down the M6 at the time, a photo was out of the question! Visibility to the northern Pennines above the fog was extraordinary too. Very patchy fog also in valleys around Lockerbie. Night-time temps really up and down this week as the air masses and cloud amt change.

Julian. Now back home in rather chilly Surrey where alas I have no such views.