Wintry on high ground in the SW over the weekend

xmetman

Nov 3, 2016, 4:33:26 AM11/3/16
to Weather and Climate

Interesting secondary low developing and spinning SSE down the west coast in the latest GFS overnight on the 4/5 November.

The Met Office keep the low much shallower and further west.

I notice that the Met Office have some kind of trough or convergence zone down the west coast of Wales and into the west of Cornwall on Sunday.

Sunday looks a cold day and with thicknesses that low that any showers that do come along could be wintry over the moors in the SW I would have thought.

Freddie

Nov 7, 2016, 9:02:33 AM11/7/16
to Weather and Climate

On Thursday, 3 November 2016 08:33:26 UTC, xmetman wrote:

I notice that the Met Office have some kind of trough or convergence zone down the west coast of Wales and into the west of Cornwall on Sunday.

Sunday looks a cold day and with thicknesses that low that any showers that do come along could be wintry over the moors in the SW I would have thought.

That's the MO's representation of the North Channel convergence zone (AKA "dangler").