Storm Fionn comes early

xmetman

Jan 16, 2018, 11:32:45 AM1/16/18
to Weather and Climate
I'm very surprised that there are no yellow warning for the strong winds across the southwest of the UK today. There have been gusts to 62 mph at Culdrose, 66 mph at St Mary’s and 83 mph from the Seven Stones lightship this afternoon. Met Eireann issued an amber alert at 10 UTC and named it storm Fionn but the Met Office are refusing to budge.They certainly seem to be flying by the seats of their pants at the moment, I wonder just what the latest gusts are from the likes of Berry Head or the Needles?

xmetman

Jan 16, 2018, 11:36:54 AM1/16/18
to Weather and Climate

85 mph gust at Mace Head at 16 UTC on a trough.