Dryness continues

Len W

Apr 23, 2022, 12:27:10 PM4/23/22
to Weather and Climate
We have had only 36 mm here in Wembury since 14th March.
April looks to being the third dry one in a row.
No rain to talk of in the forecast.
Last year though April was followed by a very wet May with 138 mm.

Len
Wembury SW Devon

Nick Gardner

Apr 23, 2022, 2:31:26 PM4/23/22
to Weather and Climate
28.6 mm here in the  Otter Valley, Devon since the 14th March, Len.

Tudor Hughes

Apr 23, 2022, 10:33:02 PM4/23/22
to Weather and Climate
It actually rained here around 2 a.m./24th.  A brief light shower that produced probably less than 0.5 mm - I'll measure it later this morning.
Rainfall here since 16 March is only 14.6 mm plus this latest light contribution.

Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, NE Surrey, 557 ft, 170 m.

Graham Easterling

Apr 24, 2022, 4:13:09 AM4/24/22
to Weather and Climate
Rain forecast for Penzance today

2022-04-24 09_08_06-Capture.png

Mind you, last time we had what appeared to be proper rain on the radar was 11th April, but little reached the ground. We had an hour long thunderstorm which dropped 0.5mm, though the days total was 1.4mm.

As the rain's heading from your direction, you will know first if it's likely to amount to anything.

Nothing for Tudor & Nick though.

Graham
Penzance

Ken Cook

Apr 24, 2022, 4:26:41 AM4/24/22
to Weather and Climate
36.4mm Copley, Teesdale since 16th March. 17.8mm was snow converted from the late March and early April falls. 19.4mm so far this month, norm is 57.1mm
Ken
Copley
Teesdale

Jamie M

Apr 24, 2022, 5:14:36 AM4/24/22
to Weather and Climate
21.3 mm since the 14th of March here in Herne Bay.

13.4 mm for April so far, no rain since the early morning of the 7th.

Jamie
Herne Bay

Freddie

Apr 24, 2022, 8:47:46 AM4/24/22
to Weather and Climate
25.0 mm here in Alcaston, Shropshire since (and including) 14th March.

Len W

Apr 24, 2022, 4:58:58 PM4/24/22
to Weather and Climate
Despite some bright colours on the radar , only 0.7 mm here.
UKMO gave an 80% chance of heavy rain. Not 100% so that let's them off.
LOL

Len
Wembury