October 2016 ended with a flourish

xmetman

Nov 1, 2016, 8:26:34 AM11/1/16
to Weather and Climate

The Central England Temperatures [CET] for October 2016 ended up with a bit of a flourish, and what looked liked being a very average month in terms of temperature, ended up a little bit on the warm side. The monthly mean was 11.05°C, which made it +0.54°C above the 1961-1990 long-term average, and the 36th warmest October since 1659 in Central England. I have got egg on my face with this month ending up warmer than average, because I was convinced when it started that it was going to be a cold month in general – my advice to anyone who is reading this is – never trust an analog.