Matthew's bid for freedom

xmetman

Oct 8, 2016, 6:31:11 AM10/8/16
to Weather and Climate
From a closer look at the latest GFS run it maybe than the remains of what were hurricanes Matthew and Nicole may just live on a little while longer.

Although in later frames it does deepen dramatically (presumably as an extratropical low) it doesn't make much progress eastward into the mid Atlantic before it fills.

I have a bad memory, but I'm sure that when I looked at the GFS yesterday they never left the Bahamas area before filling.

xmetman

Oct 15, 2016, 3:59:45 AM10/15/16
to Weather and Climate
It's not a good idea to link to NWP images from NetWeather as they don't archive the images, but OGIMET seem to be a lot more responsible and maintain their archive.