Low stratus slow to clear

xmetman

Sep 7, 2016, 1:32:12 PM9/7/16
to Weather and Climate

The low stratus and hill fog this morning took a surprisingly long time to clear ("fairly readily" is how the BBC forecast described it), and at Lyme Regis where we were it only started to break after 12 PM with the clearance coming in from the sea in a freshening SE'ly breeze. I notice that a patch of it persisted well into the afternoon on the SW Devon coast.

Len Wood

Sep 7, 2016, 3:34:21 PM9/7/16
to Weather and Climate
Cleared here on this part of the SW Devon coast Bruce at 2 pm.
Then we got 24.0°C.

A remarkable temperature for September.
Highest recorded here was 25.6°C on 6th Sep 2004.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon coast, 83 m asl.

Ian Ager

Sep 7, 2016, 9:16:53 PM9/7/16
to Weather and Climate
We were stuck under the weak cold front in E Northants until 16z.
Very dull day, odd spot of drizzle around 13z. Max of 22.2C.
Rapid change to SKC by 17z with 1C drop in DP.
Made for a glorious evening though.

Ian Raunds E Northants