Today's rainfall estimates

xmetman

Aug 16, 2019, 1:17:11 PM8/16/19
to Weather and Climate

Quite a good day up here with just a couple of fleeting showers and some sunny spells and dew points reluctant to fall.

Different story further with large totals (>50 mm) from orographic rainfall over hills especially Snowdonia, good shelter across Freddie's neck of the woods.

2019-08-16_180706.jpg

Len W

Aug 16, 2019, 2:30:28 PM8/16/19
to Weather and Climate
23.1 mm here 0800 to 1800.

Quite soggy and not nice for campers /holidaymakers, but what's a day between friends?

August would not be the same without a day like today.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon

Freddie

Aug 16, 2019, 3:18:08 PM8/16/19
to Weather and Climate
5mm in that timespan here, so pretty accurate.

Just received a flood alert for the Rhondda river (forgot to unsubscribe when I moved) so I'm guessing my old site had more like 50mm today. Do I miss it? Maybe the excitement of recording high totals, but definitely not the weather itself!

--
Freddie
Dorrington

Dave C

Aug 16, 2019, 6:52:14 PM8/16/19
to Weather and Climate
Just 2.5mm here in S.Essex. Disappointing.

Graham Easterling

Aug 17, 2019, 6:51:45 AM8/17/19
to Weather and Climate
Event total 31mm here, nearer 24mm in the period of Bruce's chart. It rained incessantly all day from dawn to dusk, so pretty disappointing here as well! Temperature managed to reach 18.7C despite the rain, it certainly didn't feel it.

Complete contrast this morning though, just back from a swim, but breezy, around 18.5C at the time & mainly sunny. Lovely deep colours in clean Atlantic air.

A great wave today, perhaps I should have gone out to Sennen, I expected it to be rather blown it, it certainly isn't.

2019-08-17 11_46_45-Capture.png

To be honest, it's for the experts at the moment.

Graham
Penzance