Sunrise over my garden, with a shower overhead

Graham Easterling

Jan 2, 2021, 12:31:46 PM1/2/21
to Weather and Climate
Looked rather on the threatening side of pretty, not enhanced in any way.

Sunrise020121.jpg

A day of rain/hail showers and brighter spells, sunshine very limited. A bit less cold than yesterday. At 10:00 yesterday it was 1.5C, 5C at the same time today.

There were 10 days with hail in December. Since 1991 the only months with more days with hail being January 2015 & December 2017 with 11.  In  fact the 6 months (2 Decembers, 2 Januarys, 1 February) with 10 days with hail or more have all occurred in the last 7 years. Could it be a slightly warmer sea generating more intense  autumn/winter showers? That's where virtually all our hail comes from.

Graham
Penzance

jack.h...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2021, 11:42:21 AM1/3/21
to Weather and Climate
That picture tells the story better than any words can.

Jack