Santa or Barra?

Len W

Dec 6, 2021, 12:00:43 PM12/6/21
to Weather and Climate
The latest 1615 GMT sat pic shows a Santa looking storm approaching.
Santa in the clouds.pngLen
Wembury

jack.h...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2021, 12:54:52 PM12/6/21
to Weather and Climate
Where do they get these strange names:  Arwen, Barra?  What's wrong with traditional ones Alice, Billy, Christine, Dick, Ethel (I had an aunt Ethel - she hated the name), Fred, Gladys (missed out there - never had an aunt Gladys), Henry, Izzy, Joe, Kamalsheeta...

Jack

Freddie

Dec 7, 2021, 11:54:01 AM12/7/21
to Weather and Climate
From https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/press-office/news/weather-and-climate/2021/storm-barra-named

"Storm Barra - the second named storm of the season - is a name selected as part of the Name Our Storms collaboration with Irish forecasters Met Éireann and Dutch forecasters KNMI."

So it is probably a traditional name to somebody :)

--
Freddie
Alcaston