Penzance - Air Frost

Graham Easterling

Apr 3, 2022, 4:14:29 AM4/3/22
to Weather and Climate
Only 1 air frost all winter, last night it fell to -0.2C

I've only ever recorded 7 previous air frosts in April, records start 1991.

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Apr 3, 2022, 9:07:46 AM4/3/22
to Weather and Climate
A lovely day (so far) to follow. Temperature recovered to 10.7C by 13:00 - still rising.

View towards Scilly from the top of Chapel Carn Brea around 11:30 today. Looking over Sennen, Lands End & Longships Lighthouse. ( . .and a 300' raised beach for those of a geomorphological turn)

IMG_2738.jpg

I had hoped Scilly would be visible, but visibility well short of the 30+ miles required. A treeless landscape for obvious reasons.

Graham
Penzance

Graham Easterling

Apr 3, 2022, 9:26:51 AM4/3/22
to Weather and Climate
11.6C maximum before the narrow line of patchy cloud edged south over Penzance. Still sunny spells. Much cooler under the cloud just inland.

The very tip of Cornwall is the place to be. Sennen 14:20

2022-04-03 14_23_32-Capture.png

My neighbours just headed out for a surf, I think he might be an optimist.

Graham
Penzance

Len W

Apr 3, 2022, 11:01:06 AM4/3/22
to Weather and Climate
-0.1 °C here in Wembury.
This is the 12th air frost in April since my record began in 1985-86 winter.
The last ones in the winter do seem to be getting earlier.
Last time I had an April air frost was 7th April 2012.
The latest ever air frost was 26th April 1988.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon
83 m asl

Tudor Hughes

Apr 3, 2022, 10:42:45 PM4/3/22
to Weather and Climate
Minimum here was -3.5°C, the lowest min of the entire winter, which was of course pretty mild.

Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, NE Surrey, 557 ft, 170 m.

Freddie

Apr 4, 2022, 2:09:00 AM4/4/22
to Weather and Climate
Min of -5.3 was the second lowest of the winter here, pipped to the post by -5.5 on 21 January.

--
Freddie
Alcaston