Penzance - Near record warm night.

Graham Easterling

Sep 13, 2022, 4:33:22 AM9/13/22
to Weather and Climate
Last night's minimum was 17.6C. The warmest September night on record being 18.1C on 6/9/2004.

Yesterday was mainly dry & bright with some sunny intervals. The swell height was not large, but was extremely long period ex hurricane and there was a lot of power in it. Despite the wave height being around 4' each set sent the sea surging up the beach.

This is what it looked like at Sennen

2022-09-12 17_50_45-Capture.png

Those waves are a long, long way apart considering they are already pushed together by friction with the sea bed and the photo is pushing them together.

Raining now.  Lucky we have forecasts, spot the difference, for today & tomorrow.

BBC
2022-09-13 09_29_09-Capture.png
MetO

2022-09-13 09_28_07-Capture.png

I'll hope for BBC today, MetO tomorrow! Radar not looking that hopeful.

Despite the rain 19.6C @ 09:00, so the air is certainly warm.

Graham
Penzance