A bit pessimistic.

Graham Easterling

Apr 14, 2022, 10:38:11 AMApr 14
to Weather and Climate
We always seem to get particularly pessimistic forecasts in Spring, especially when it comes to temperature, but lately cloud cover as well.

Yesterdays MetO forecast for today was grey clouds all day, with a maximum of 12C. By this morning the only change was the temperature, raised to a maximum of 13C.

In practice the broke nicely by late morning, and it's been largely sunny since noon. There is some thin featureless cloud, it's very hard to judge the height, but it's having very little effect on the sunshine, quite deep shadows. Nearby Mousehole @ 15:30. Currently around 16C.

2022-04-14 15_27_59-Capture.png
The forecast temperature has been raised, in the last hour to 15C, but still not a glimmer of sunshine, though the cloud does thin to a white one at 16:00, then back to grey, so not quite Amy Winehouse.

The forecast temperature, a day ahead, at this time of year seems to average around 3C below what it actually reaches. Obviously with some fairly wide variations. I think Len has noted something similar up in England?

As the the cloud(?) is forecast to persist for the next 3 days or so,

2022-04-14 15_34_14-Capture.png

I'm hoping the current forecast also proves to be pessimistic!

Enduring the grey skies at Sennen this afternoon.

2022-04-14 15_35_56-Capture.png

Graham
Penzance

Len W

Apr 14, 2022, 6:23:27 PMApr 14
to Weather and Climate
Yes, lovely sunny afternoon after a misty morning.
Max 16.9C

See if the NWP does any better tomorrow.
I hope not because the forecast is for thick cloud.

Len
Wembury, SW Devon