UK's 10 warmest years all occurred since 2002

xmetman

Jul 31, 2019, 4:19:11 AM7/31/19
to Weather and Climate

2019-07-31_091436.jpg

Rather depressingly I have to concur with the article in the BBC news this morning.

2019-07-31_090641.jpg

Not quite as bad in central England but still pretty stark.

2019-07-31_091038.jpg

Dave C

Aug 1, 2019, 7:32:40 AM8/1/19
to Weather and Climate
And so you should - there are still a majority of climate change deniers out there on Yahoo News trotting out the usual populist drivel.

Julian Mayes

Aug 1, 2019, 7:42:41 AM8/1/19
to Weather and Climate
...not to mention the nasty outbreak of denialism on uk.sci.weather in the last few days.    They joys of an open public forum.

Julian

Paul from Dawlish

Aug 2, 2019, 11:39:58 AM8/2/19
to Weather and Climate
Why 'rather depressingly' Bruce?

xmetman

Aug 2, 2019, 11:49:12 AM8/2/19
to Weather and Climate
Because I'm no lover of warmer weather.
Now if it had been global cooling I would be all for it!

Julian Mayes

Aug 2, 2019, 1:20:31 PM8/2/19
to Weather and Climate
Because I'm no lover of warmer weather.
Now if it had been global cooling I would be all for it!

A brave comment at your latitude!    More appropriate for me perhaps, in the pit of the Thames valley.   A humid 25-26C seems to be routine now here.   We even miss those downpours.

Julian

Brian Wakem

Aug 2, 2019, 1:29:12 PM8/2/19
to Weather and Climate

On Friday, 2 August 2019 18:20:31 UTC+1, Julian Mayes wrote:

A brave comment at your latitude!    More appropriate for me perhaps, in the pit of the Thames valley.   A humid 25-26C seems to be routine now here.   We even miss those downpours.

That's the annoying thing, those of us living inland in the SE get all the oppressive heat and humidity but almost never get the resulting thunderstorms.  It seems a little unfair!

--
Brian Wakem
Lower Bourne, Farnham, Surrey

Paul from Dawlish

Aug 2, 2019, 3:06:20 PM8/2/19
to Weather and Climate
Where do you live again? Scotland calls, Bruce. Or somewhere with altitude. Heatwaves are almost certain to become more frequent in summer. *>))

xmetman

Aug 2, 2019, 3:39:29 PM8/2/19
to Weather and Climate
As of last September I now live in the Highlands - but not at great altitude more's the pity.

Rupert Wood

Aug 2, 2019, 7:20:29 PM8/2/19
to Weather and Climate
Drivel indeed - they're on a par with flat earthers.

I would like to engineer some strictly local warming in our neck of the woods - but just a little. :)