Come on Aileen!

xmetman

Sep 10, 2017, 7:54:14 AM9/10/17
to Weather and Climate
I see that the Met Office have just issued a yellow warnings for strong winds for Monday across the southwest of England, but the gradient on Tuesday evening when the next low breezes in looks even tighter in the latest GFS model run, maybe this is storm Aileen, and the first storm of the 2017-18 season?
Apologies for the title of this one, but I thought that I would get in before the Daily Express did!

xmetman

Sep 12, 2017, 5:26:42 AM9/12/17
to Weather and Climate

Dave C

Sep 12, 2017, 7:29:44 PM9/12/17
to Weather and Climate
Philip Avery was his usual vague disinterested self this evening. Very difficult to distinguish between what he was saying or the graphics showing for here but there seemed to be at least an implication of 70mph overnight. Can't see it myself, not in Essex anyway.

Freddie

Sep 12, 2017, 11:10:49 PM9/12/17
to Weather and Climate
If you look at the warning map, the amber is well north of Essex. In fact, the yellow doesn't cover you. So yeah, I think the Met Office agree with you too.

--
Freddie

Steve Jackson

Sep 13, 2017, 1:33:20 AM9/13/17
to Weather and Climate
Just 39mph in Coventry at 0419hr; a lot of fuss about nothing here with just 2.8mm of rain.

Having said that, it was our strongest September wind gust since 1998.

Steve Jackson
Bablake Weather Station
Coventry UK

Brian Wakem

Sep 13, 2017, 4:35:39 AM9/13/17
to Weather and Climate
Max gust in my sheltered valley location was just 18mph, not even as windy as the day before! (20mph).

--
Brian Wakem
Lower Bourne, Farnham, Surrey