Map of observing sites - SW England

Julian Mayes

Jun 22, 2020, 11:11:40 AM6/22/20
to Weather and Climate
In a previous thread (which I cannot find right now), Jack asked for guidance as regards location of the observing sites. After checking with Graham, I've prepared the map below. I suppose most people here know where the main SYNOP sites are but maybe not all of the automated climat. sites which now appear in Colin's extremes lists.
I'm happy to draft a few more for other areas if it aids everyone's reading of Colin's lists.

The site location is denoted by the north-west corner of the black rectangle in each case (I'm simply planting labels on the MeteoGroup map that I use to add to Colin's info each evening. The numbers are immaterial, but if anyone is curious, they show y'day's midday temp).  The unlabelled sites are airport SYNOP sites that do not report extremes.

Cheers  Julian