High UV

xmetman

Jun 6, 2018, 8:40:56 AM6/6/18
to Weather and Climate

I can't display the latest UV levels but I can plot the last hours solar radiation.

You don't need to be on the top of the Alps to be top of the board but it does help.

Heathrow highest in the UK at the moment.

Dan Grey

Jun 6, 2018, 5:02:21 PM6/6/18
to Weather and Climate
Wow. BTW I read your blog a lot. Glad you're posting here but I was missing your stuff until someone pointed me this way!

PS have you seen the DEFRA UV page? http://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/data/uv-index-graphs . Not sure there's an API to download data from though.

xmetman

Jun 7, 2018, 1:47:56 AM6/7/18
to Weather and Climate
Dan

Yes, I'm taking a sabbatical from the blog.

That's an interesting web site for UV data, I'll bookmark that.

My vantage pro did have a working UV sensor for the first few years of it's life, and I'd be very surprised if the SAMOS stations the Met Office run don't have one as well.

I would have thought it was a very important observation that the public might like to see, maybe in some kind of smart app. The value is probably included in the bufr SYNOP, but there's no 9 group for it in the text version.

Bruce.