Storm produces little wind.

Dave C

Nov 20, 2016, 4:34:20 AM11/20/16
to Weather and Climate
I was expecting it to be very windy overnight but maximum gust was only 29 mph and just quite breezy this morning. The rain however was well predicted with 24.6mm including what fell late last night (9.00 till 9.00). This was easily the highest 24 hour amount since June 23rd and has properly ended our drought although no standing water in the garden as would normally be the case with that amount of rain at this time of year.
Dave, S.Essex

Richard Dixon

Nov 20, 2016, 4:49:44 AM11/20/16
to Weather and Climate
Fill your boots/butts. 9am radar-derived precip from WeatherOnline below. Plenty of places with an inch or thereabouts. Guernsey got to 84 mph at the airport and reports of damage there I notice on UKWW. I also hear from former usw poster Jon O'Rourke that it got to 92kt in the channel. Apologies if this has already been noted on here, am yet to catch up with threads.

9am 24hr.png

Scott W

Nov 20, 2016, 5:08:40 AM11/20/16
to Weather and Climate
Probably a few folk in Brighton would disagree, Dave. Rainfall recorded in Wanstead was 23.5mm 09-09 in the manual gauge. Clearly my AWS is playing up.

Brian Wakem

Nov 20, 2016, 6:07:46 AM11/20/16
to Weather and Climate
The low was further south than forecast so the strongest winds were out at sea.  Very little in the way of wind made it into my part of Surrey.  Just 22mph max gust and S/SE is the direction I am most exposed from.  Rain 20.6mm.

--
Brian Wakem
Lower Bourne, Farnham, Surrey

Len Wood

Nov 20, 2016, 7:11:42 AM11/20/16
to Weather and Climate
UKMO forecast good for Plymouth Mt Batten issued Wed.  16th
Gusts here last night 40 knots.
See my post in A Bit blowy thread.

Len
SW Devon

Dave C

Nov 20, 2016, 7:39:34 AM11/20/16
to Weather and Climate
Yes, should have added that I was referring to here - I know further South did get gales. Tainfall was very accurate for here though despite low tracking further south perhaps. Chilly though - dropped to 6.6C at 12.30pm.