Cloudscapes

JCW

Jul 2, 2016, 11:42:21 AM7/2/16
to Weather and Climate
One thing this weather is good for is the sight of some excellent cloudscapes and here's a couple of pics of cells over Dublin from the past few days.  Not the best vantage points and apologies for glare in shots. No audible thunder from these but I did notice lightning was detected in or around the locations of these cells.

Joe

20160701_182500_resized.jpg
20160701_131827_resized.jpg

JCW

Jul 2, 2016, 11:56:37 AM7/2/16
to Weather and Climate
While on the subject...here's a few more from April when we have a similar spell of unsettled and lively weather.
6Apr2016.jpg
22May2016.jpg
26Apr2016.jpg
26Apr20162.jpg
29Apr2016.jpg

xmetman

Jul 2, 2016, 11:58:29 AM7/2/16
to Weather and Climate
Joe

Very nice, CB's are my favourite cloud I think.

Bruce.

JCW

Jul 3, 2016, 6:03:24 AM7/3/16
to Weather and Climate
Same here, Bruce.  It's amazing what you don't see though as much as what you do when watching storm clouds!  I've taken to downloading a free time-lapse video app to my Android mobile phone to video clouds developing.

Results so far are encouraging and I'm waiting for an opportunity to catch some really convective development when summer comes!!!?

Joe

Keith (Southend)

Jul 3, 2016, 8:11:04 AM7/3/16
to Weather and Climate
Isn't everyone's favouite cloud type on here ;-)

Keith (Southend)

Keith (Southend)

Jul 3, 2016, 8:20:00 AM7/3/16
to Weather and Climate
A couple of mine to add to the mix.

1. Antigua September 1980
2. Ireland August 2011

Keith (Southend)
cumulus.jpg
ireland1.jpg

Martin Rowley

Jul 3, 2016, 8:29:45 AM7/3/16
to Weather and Climate

... not necessarily my most favourite ... but I thought I'd use the thread to see if I've got the procedure for posting images correct!

This was taken back in 2014 (June) looking south from West Moors - Ci, Cc (variable - certainly floccus & some cas), possibly with distrails?

Martin.

xmetman

Jul 3, 2016, 9:00:32 AM7/3/16
to Weather and Climate

Altocumulus castellanus from a couple of summer ago...

Joe

Jul 3, 2016, 9:22:28 AM7/3/16
to Weather and Climate

Dawns...Dublin!

xmetman

Jul 3, 2016, 1:20:55 PM7/3/16
to Weather and Climate
Joe

You must live to the west of the City and not immediately on the coast then?

Bruce.

Joe

Jul 3, 2016, 2:43:24 PM7/3/16
to Weather and Climate
Bruce, my work place is near city centre and from there office I have a good view of mountain weather on one side and the sea on the other!

I live to the south of the city and still along the coast, sheltered by the Dublin hills. A bit of a hollow but try to get out and take a few photos when I can when the weather is interesting...

Joe

Dave C

Jul 3, 2016, 6:35:19 PM7/3/16
to Weather and Climate
Some good clouds and some good photographers!