Penzance - Another inconsistent forecast.

Graham Easterling

May 1, 2022, 4:21:44 AMMay 1
to Weather and Climate
Wednesday - the pretty bit..

2022-05-01 09_16_30-Capture.png

Whilst the words for SW England

2022-05-01 09_17_19-Capture.png

So, all options covered for Weds. Persistent rain or sunny spells & basically dry. I wonder how a forecast li9ke that is validated, it's always right, or always wrong.

Graham
Penzance

Len W

May 1, 2022, 11:59:11 AMMay 1
to Weather and Climate
The same words of course for Wembury as it is in SW England, but model output for Wed. is as below.
I notice mist in the forecast. Obviously they have n't the foggiest. LOLFirefox_Screenshot_2022-05-01T15-52-22.291Z.png

Graham Easterling

May 1, 2022, 12:11:28 PMMay 1
to Weather and Climate
I think, with unstable air and little wind, it's the old convergence rain down the spine they are expecting.  With the wind tending to be NW, the north coast and far SW could be the place to be.

Stayed basically dry this morning, just the odd spot. Just enough rain this afternoon to make it miserable.

Graham
Penzance

Len W

May 2, 2022, 4:40:08 AMMay 2
to Weather and Climate
2.4 mm here.
The most in one go since 12 April when we had 6.3 mm.

Len
Wembury

Graham Easterling

May 2, 2022, 4:52:24 AMMay 2
to Weather and Climate
4.8mm here. Most since 11.0mm on 7th April.

Lovely still morning and a nice warm sector ridge on the way, a high UV setup evolving, assuming the cloud breaks. Also with light winds & high humidity I might finally get in the sea.

Graham
Penzance