Yellow gloom

Tudor Hughes

Mar 16, 2022, 12:14:26 PM3/16/22
to Weather and Climate
Between about 1300 and 1530 the sky here has darkened and with a distinct yellow gloominess.  It was so dark I needed the light on in my room. From 1535-1540 the yellowness disappeared but the featureless cloud layer persisted and there was a little drizzle and very light rain.
            One could be forgiven for thinking it was December or that 50 mm rain was about to be dumped on you in half an hour but no such drama.
             According to the rainfall radar the band of rain moving NNE has just missed us to the west, heavy rain being reported at Heathrow.
              The wind now (1610) has a definite N'ly component but bits of scud are still coming from the south.  All rather confusing.

Tudor Hughes, Warlingham, NE Surrey, 557 ft, 170 m.

Metman2012

Mar 16, 2022, 12:24:34 PM3/16/22
to Weather and Climate
I've had 19mm since 9:30am, very wet! Just overcast, no particular colour.

Metman2012

Mar 16, 2022, 12:25:05 PM3/16/22
to Weather and Climate
Sorry, meant to add I'm in Cholsey, Oxfordshire