The Emerald Isle

jack.h...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2024, 12:57:47 PMMar 27
to Weather and Climate
Got back from a holiday in Ireland at the weekend.  Whoever named it the "Emerald Isle" had a vivid imagination.  A local was all-too-willing to agree with my suggestion that it be re-named "The Muddy Isle".  A common topic of conversion was the extreme rainfall over the past few months.

Today, here near Nairn in NE Scotland, it has been unbelievably 'dreich'.
Tmax 3.5C and frequent penetrating drizzle.  I stayed at home, but my wife had her usual Wednesday horse riding - through damp woods and on muddy paths.  She claims to have "enjoyed it".

Jack

jack.h...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2024, 1:34:45 PMMar 27
to Weather and Climate
I looked up the start of the Cricket Season in England.  Nine days time!!!

I know that "snow stopped play" has occurred in the past but has "frostbite stops play" ever featured?

Jack